Date/Time: November 10, 2022 (1pm-2pm ET/10am-11am PT)
As a leader in manufacturing sustainable aluminum solutions and recycling, Novelis takes seriously its responsibility to reduce the aluminum industry’s carbon footprint. Our extensive use of recycled aluminium (currently 57% of our investment) is at the heart of our innovative circular business model.
We are using technology to circularize and decarbonize the aluminium industry and we are committed to investing in innovative clean technologies. The “Technology for Decarbonization and Circularity” webcast showcases how Novelis, as a partner of the World Economic Forum’s newly formed Forerunner Consortium (FMC) Aluminum Industry, is investing in clean technology companies.
To continue to increase the content of recycled content in its automotive alloys and subsequently reduce its carbon footprint, Novelis has partnered with Sortera Alloys, an innovative industrial scrap metal sorting and recycling company. This partnership helps Novelis recycle and reuse more automotive post-production and post-consumer scrap by effectively separating mixed scrap into individual alloys. This separation allows Novelis to recycle the material into the same product, closing the cycle.
Key themes and takeaways:
- An overview of how Novelis is investing in innovative technologies to support its carbon reduction goals
- Learn how Novelis and Sortera are truly closing the end-of-life cycle in the automotive industry
- Learn how we sort and separate alloys to increase the recycling content of the automotive industry.
- Jon Smieja, Vice President and Senior Analyst, Circularity, GreenBiz Group
- Suzanne Lindsay Walker, VP of Sustainability, Novelist
- Derek Prichett, Senior Vice President of Corporate Development, Novelist
- Sortera Alloys CEO Michael Siemer
If you are unable to tune in to the live broadcast, please register and we will email you a link to access the webcast recording and resources that you will be able to obtain on demand after the webcast.